SUMMARY OF FY 2011 NATIONAL SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES, LLC, AWARD FEE DETERMINATION
Total Available Fee
Total Fee Earned
National Security Technologies, LLC (NSTec), the management and operating contractor for the Nevada National Security Site, earned an “Excellent” rating and 95.51 percent of the possible incentive fee from the National Nuclear Security Administration for its Fiscal Year 2011 performance.
Among NSTec’s successes:
- Key NNSA mission successes to include start-up of the JASPER facility and execution of the first shot - ahead of schedule and below cost
- Exemplary support to Japan following the disastrous earthquake and tsunami in March 2011
- Achievement of significant schedule accelerations enabling the buy-back of additional Environmental Restoration American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) work scope
- Achieving ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and Earned Value Measurement System recertification
- Achieving DOE VPP Superior Star status for the second consecutive year; and the effective handling of seven wild land fires in the summer of FY2011
Among areas for improvement cited by NNSA:
- System Engineering assessments were not consistently scheduled and/or performed to ensure defensible performance in all functional areas
For a copy of the full Performance Evaluation Report (PER), please contact NNSA Public Affairs.