U.S. Department of Energy / U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Nuclear Materials Management & Safeguards System
NMMSS II Training
The three-day workshop includes advanced NMMSS topics and is designed for experienced NMMSS users.
Workshop topics include:
- use of TI codes, To Accounts, and For Accounts
- compatibility errors
- calculating weight percent and acceptability limits
- shipper/receiver differences
- Department of Defense (DoD) and Mutual Defense (91C) transfers
- use of type of inventory change codes (TIC) to report blendings,
degradations, normal operational losses/measured discards/accidental
losses (NOL/MD/AL), inventory difference, actual inventory difference
(AID), and material unaccounted for (MUF)
- waste transfers
- inventory reporting issues
- annual reconciliation process
- annual project number conversion
- IAEA reporting requirements.
The NMMSS I course is a prerequisite.
NMMSS is sponsored by the National Nuclear Security Administration's
(NNSA) Office of Materials Integration within the U.S. Department of
Energy and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission