When Administrator D’Agostino extended the challenge to build a single, integrated enterprise through the OneNNSA initiative, we laid out an aggressive plan to update and leverage the existing information technology (IT) infrastructure. This strategy consists of three pillars  that when functioning together will create an advanced, secure and agile network.
The first of these three strategic pillars is the NNSA Network Vision (2NV). 2NV will modernize the current environment by providing a secure, mobile and adaptive IT infrastructure allowing the workforce to perform their duties from any device at any time. 2NV will remove barriers to collaboration, connect employees, and appeal to future employees within the Nuclear Security Enterprise.
As its own pillar, 2NV offers three new facets: OneVoice, YourCloud, and the OneNNSA Network. Here is a breakdown of features each will provide:
- Provides a unified communications stack allowing Web and desktop video conferencing, instant messaging, voice and email from one unified client
- Supports President Obama’s Nov. 8 Executive Order  to implement agency-wide collaboration tools reducing costs
- Offers one of the first ever government social networks
- Expedites the procurement, installation and configuration time of a server from 30-90 days to 30 minutes
- Transitions to an expense model for data centers/servers
- Leverages the General Services Administration FedRAMP IaaS  contract vehicle to protect future IT budgets
- Establishes point-to-point Virtual Private Network for network edge between all the site locations and the Federal cloud
- Lays a secure, solid foundation for future enterprise solutions
- Provides a flexible, agile architecture to provide information security
- Enables work from anywhere across Nuclear Security Enterprise
We’re already making strides in delivering these capabilities to the NNSA. This project is set to wrap in late 2012 and will lead the way to a secure and mobile IT infrastructure. Stay tuned for updates and more information about OneVoice, powered by YourCloud, on the OneNNSA Network.