Our Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Internship Program  positions are located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and at our Federal field offices, laboratories, and manufacturing plants. NNSA has facilities in Albuquerque, N.M.; Kansas City, Mo.; Livermore, Calif.; Los Alamos, N.M.; Las Vegas, Nev.; Amarillo, Texas; Aiken, S.C.; and Oak Ridge, Tenn. Selections are made each spring for summer placement.
For MSI eligibility you must be:
- a United States citizen at least 18 years of age;
- attending a participating MSI; 
- enrolled as a degree-seeking student maintaining a minimum of a half-time academic course load (as defined by the educational institution in which you are enrolled);
- and maintaining a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 and be in good academic standing.
How to Apply:
Please contact your university’s career center for application procedures.
Your application should consist of the following components:
- a resume that includes your full name, mailing address, email address, day and evening telephone numbers (with area codes), formal education including school, graduation or expected graduation date, GPA, and U.S. citizenship status;
- your most recent transcript;
- two letters of recommendation from members of your school’s faculty; and
- a one-page essay on why you want to participate in the MSI program.