SUMMARY OF FY 2011 LAWRENCE LIVERMORE NATIONAL SECURITY, LLC, AWARD FEE DETERMINATION
Total Available Fee
Total Fee Earned
Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC, the management and operating contractor for the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, earned a “Very Good” rating and 88 percent of the possible incentive fee from the National Nuclear Security Administration for its fiscal year 2011 performance.
Among Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC’s successes:
- Three Phoenix Mini-Generator experiments have been fired at BEEF.
- Completed the W87 LEP survivability studies using threat models NWM21-3, NWM21-4, and NWM 21-6.
- Completed the NIF validation suite of experiments associated with the closure of FY 2010 L1 Milestone (3673).
- Mission Critical facilities were available 99.96% of scheduled availability.
- All Environmental Restoration program regulatory milestones were met at both the Livermore Site and Site 300.
- Expanded implementation of institutional indirect cost baselines and demonstrated utilization of performance reporting and change control process and tools.
Among areas for improvement cited by NNSA:
- It is recommended that the position of Science Executive be elevated to a higher level of influence regarding management strategy.
- Deficiencies in Contractor policies and procedures governing site security program requirements.
For a copy of the full Performance Evaluation Report (PER), please contact NNSA Public Affairs.