Skip to main content

EEO Complaints Process

A National Nuclear Security Administration employee or applicant for Federal employment may file an EEO complaint if the employee or applicant believes that he/she has been discriminated against based on one or more of these factors:

  • Age
  • Color
  • Disability (Physical Or Mental)
  • National Origin
  • Race
  • Religion
  • Reprisal
  • Sex (including Sexual Harassment)
  • Genetic Information
  • Sexual Orientation*

* Prohibited by DOE policy

The NNSA Complaints Process Brochure.

EEO Complaint – Things to Consider

Section 508 and Architectural Barriers Act Compliance and Complaint Process

EEO Policy

The Department of Energy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment), religion, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), sexual orientation, reprisal, genetic information, or any other non-merit factor. We are committed to equal employment opportunity principles and practices in all of our management decisions and personnel practices.

The Department  is committed to providing equal employment opportunity; eliminating discrimination in employment; and maintaining an environment that is free from any form of prohibited discrimination. The Department will provide a prompt, fair and impartial review, and adjudication of any allegation of discrimination.

For additional information, contact the NNSA Office of Civil Rights at (505) 845-5517. If you are concerned about anonymity, please use the toll free line. Call 1-800-TALKALO (1-800-825-5256), at the voice prompt enter 845-5517 you will be connected to the main office number.

Contractor Employees, sub-contract employees, and others not employed by the NNSA, please:

  • Contact your current Contract employer to determine their EEO Complaint Process.
  • Contact the local field office of the Employment Opportunity Commission (weblink) for procedures to file a complaint.
  • You may be eligible for assistance from your local State Office of Human Rights. Contact your local State government.