The old Los Alamos Field Office building was constructed in the early 1950's as barracks for the laboratory security personnel. In the mid 50s, the barracks were remodeled to accommodate offices, and the Atomic Energy Commission moved into the building.
From the 1950s to 2008, the following Federal agencies called the old Field Office their home: The Atomic Energy Commission, Energy Research & Development Administration, Department of Energy and the National Nuclear Security Administration. The old four-story Field Office building located at 528 35th Street in Los Alamos, NM, is slated to be torn down.
In June 2008, construction was completed on the new Los Alamos Field Office building located at 3747 West Jemez
Road, Los Alamos, NM. The 25,000 square foot building is home base for 110 Field Office employees.
Building access is restricted to badged personnel and visitor sign-in is necessary.